We have an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer (water, wastewater, storm, gas, electric, communications infrastructure) in the Engineering Department located in Sacramento. West Valley is an Industry pioneer in utility design-build and provides cost-efficiencies that far surpass those of less experienced general contractor and engineering firms through services that include 1) pre-construction services, 2) Water/Wastewater Pump Stations/Hydroturbines/Water Storage, 3) water/wastewater treatment facilities, 4) large diameter pressure and gravity pipelines, 5) trenchless/horizontal directional drilling, 6) joint trench power and fiber-optic OSP facilities, and more. The qualified candidate will have a California license as a civil engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground construction.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-bid-build processes.
2. Water/wastewater civil engineering
3. Prepare civil engineering drawings to represent as-builts and/or proposed civil infrastructure
4. Manage multiple complex civil engineering projects
5. Working with WV project managers and customers
6. Documentation and report writing
7. Problem solve with customers, project managers
Auto Cad experience required. Must be proficient on MS Office products; excellent writing skills; effective communication skills – able to listen and understand customer and project managers’ needs, ability to visit job sites.