Electrical (Utility) Engineer (PE) – Sacramento Engineering / Sacramento
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer (PE), in Sacramento. Successful candidate will have PG&E experience. This position will support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-bid-build and EPC processes; utility electrical system engineering; preparation of engineering drawings to represent as-builts and/or proposed electric utility infrastructure; prepare drawings, forms, maps and lists based on direction provided by lead drafters, designers and engineers; developing estimates utilizing industry-standard software; create Bills of Materials (BOM) and identify components on drawings; provide quality control of drawings and other documentation created by the Design Division; understand local, customer and national codes as required, i.e. NEC Code, PG&E documents including the Electric Design Manual, Greenbook, and others found in the Technical Information Library, City and County Codes; working with WV project managers and customers; documentation and report writing.
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience and PE License as an electrical engineer – Senior Level
- Alternatively, experience working directly for a utility will be considered
- Experience with PG&E standards is highly desired
- Familiarity with underground utility installation
- Auto Cad Civil 3D experience required
- Must be proficient on MS Office products
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective communication skills – able to listen and understand customer and project managers’ needs
- Ability to visit job sites
The qualified candidate will have a California license as an electrical engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground electrical construction
Associate Civil Engineer – Design Build Group Engineering / Sacramento
This full-time position is the first in the professional engineer series. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 Years experience and California Registration as a Civil Engineer.
The duties and responsibilities include:
Work cohesively within the Company to support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-build and/or design-bid-build processes.
Support management in the direction of the Design-Build Division as it relates to the water/wastewater industry.
Assist in efforts with other utility engineering/construction ventures of the Company.
Work with Staff Senior Engineers and VP, Engineering to:
Practice water/wastewater/civil engineering with some oversight.
Prepare civil engineering drawings to represent asbuilts and/or proposed civil
Manage multiple complex civil engineering projects.
Civil CAD Technician (Auto Cad Drafter/Designer) Engineering / Sacramento
Large utility Design-Build Engineering organization in Sacramento has a full-time position available for a highly motivated Civil CAD Technician (Auto Cad Drafter/Designer) to support the team of Engineers.
• Great compensation package and benefits including ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and Stock Purchase Plan; 4 Health Insurance Plans to choose from, with Company paying 95% of the premium for employee, 85% for dependents.
• Quality, ethical organization
• Challenging work with supportive environment
• Opportunity to grow
Successful candidate will be proficient in AutoCad Civil 3D 2016/2017 with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil/utility plan preparation, preferably for water, sewer and storm drain systems.
The successful candidate will also have:
• demonstrated commitment to quality work,
• orientation to detail
• demonstrated ability to follow design directives
• experience working effectively in a team environment
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
Senior Civil Engineer Engineering / Sacramento
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer (water, wastewater, storm, gas, electric, communications infrastructure) in the Engineering Department located in Sacramento. West Valley is an Industry pioneer in utility design-build and provides cost-efficiencies that far surpass those of less experienced general contractor and engineering firms through services that include 1) pre-construction services, 2) Water/Wastewater Pump Stations/Hydroturbines/Water Storage, 3) water/wastewater treatment facilities, 4) large diameter pressure and gravity pipelines, 5) trenchless/horizontal directional drilling, 6) joint trench power and fiber-optic OSP facilities, and more. The qualified candidate will have a California license as a civil engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground construction.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-bid-build processes.
2. Water/wastewater civil engineering
3. Prepare civil engineering drawings to represent as-builts and/or proposed civil infrastructure
4. Manage multiple complex civil engineering projects
5. Working with WV project managers and customers
6. Documentation and report writing
7. Problem solve with customers, project managers
Auto Cad experience required. Must be proficient on MS Office products; excellent writing skills; effective communication skills – able to listen and understand customer and project managers’ needs, ability to visit job sites.
Project Engineer Campbell, Stockton, Redwood City
Assist Project Managers by contributing to timely, effective bid proposals; attending pre-bid meetings; preparing take-offs; obtaining pricing from vendors; providing consumer notifications, obtaining required permits, monitoring costs to budget; obtaining all pre-construction documentation including videos; visiting job sites on a regular basis, monitoring performance and troubleshooting as needed.
B.S. in Construction Management or similar degree preferred; 2 years PE experience in underground construction or combination in education and experience. Valid CA driver’s license. Computer literate. Good communication skills; ability to transition to estimating role periodically, focusing on data entry/takeoffs
Project Manager Campbell
Manage multiple projects, ensuring timely, quality completion within budget and contract specifications. Visit job sites regularly; supervise Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen in carrying out their duties; monitor costs to budget; ensure safety policies are followed; contribute to timely bids for public/private work by monitoring bid requests, developing and generating bid proposals; ensure as-builts are complete and projects are closed out timely and more.
B.S. in construction management or similar degree preferred; minimum 5 years’ construction experience; excellent communication skills; Valid CA driver’s license, computer literate.