Civil CAD Technician (Auto Cad Drafter/Designer) Engineering / Sacramento
Large utility Design-Build Engineering organization in Sacramento has a full-time position available for a highly motivated Civil CAD Technician (Auto Cad Drafter/Designer) to support the team of Engineers.
• Great compensation package and benefits including ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and Stock Purchase Plan; 4 Health Insurance Plans to choose from, with Company paying 95% of the premium for employee, 85% for dependents.
• Quality, ethical organization
• Challenging work with supportive environment
• Opportunity to grow
Successful candidate will be proficient in AutoCad Civil 3D 2016/2017 with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil/utility plan preparation, preferably for water, sewer and storm drain systems.
The successful candidate will also have:
• demonstrated commitment to quality work,
• orientation to detail
• demonstrated ability to follow design directives
• experience working effectively in a team environment
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
Senior Civil Engineer Engineering / Sacramento
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer (water, wastewater, storm, gas, electric, communications infrastructure) in the Engineering Department located in Sacramento. West Valley is an Industry pioneer in utility design-build and provides cost-efficiencies that far surpass those of less experienced general contractor and engineering firms through services that include 1) pre-construction services, 2) Water/Wastewater Pump Stations/Hydroturbines/Water Storage, 3) water/wastewater treatment facilities, 4) large diameter pressure and gravity pipelines, 5) trenchless/horizontal directional drilling, 6) joint trench power and fiber-optic OSP facilities, and more. The qualified candidate will have a California license as a civil engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground construction.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-bid-build processes.
2. Water/wastewater civil engineering
3. Prepare civil engineering drawings to represent as-builts and/or proposed civil infrastructure
4. Manage multiple complex civil engineering projects
5. Working with WV project managers and customers
6. Documentation and report writing
7. Problem solve with customers, project managers
Auto Cad experience required. Must be proficient on MS Office products; excellent writing skills; effective communication skills – able to listen and understand customer and project managers’ needs, ability to visit job sites.
Project Engineer Campbell, Stockton, Redwood City
Assist Project Managers by contributing to timely, effective bid proposals; attending pre-bid meetings; preparing take-offs; obtaining pricing from vendors; providing consumer notifications, obtaining required permits, monitoring costs to budget; obtaining all pre-construction documentation including videos; visiting job sites on a regular basis, monitoring performance and troubleshooting as needed.
B.S. in Construction Management or similar degree preferred; 2 years PE experience in underground construction or combination in education and experience. Valid CA driver’s license. Computer literate. Good communication skills; ability to transition to estimating role periodically, focusing on data entry/takeoffs
Project Manager Campbell, Redwood City, Stockton
Manage multiple projects, ensuring timely, quality completion within budget and contract specifications. Visit job sites regularly; supervise Project Engineers, Superintendents and Foremen in carrying out their duties; monitor costs to budget; ensure safety policies are followed; contribute to timely bids for public/private work by monitoring bid requests, developing and generating bid proposals; ensure as-builts are complete and projects are closed out timely and more.
B.S. in construction management or similar degree preferred; minimum 5 years’ construction experience; excellent communication skills; Valid CA driver’s license, computer literate.